Recently, a teacher in our district emailed with a few questions about specific aspects of teaching visual arts. I've posted both the questions and my personal responses as a way to share about the happenings in our high school art studio at SKSS.
What kinds of projects have you done that you most love and would love to share?
How do you teach creativity!?!?
How has the new curriculum changed what you do?
- Exploring with artistic curiosity
- Creating with artistic intellect
- Reasoning through considerations and possibilities
- Reflecting on choices and imagining opportunities
- Communicating ideas and perspectives
- Documenting artistic growth and understandings
- Connecting with themselves, artists, artworks, and the world
- Expanding artistic capacity through perseverance